Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
NRA Basic Pistol
Phases I & II
The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting is a two-part course consisting of an e-learning portion (completed online-in your own time-frame) and a hands-on practical portion conducted at a range under the guidance and supervision of an NRA-Certified Instructor. The course is intended for all adults regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA-affiliation. Successful completion of both Phases I & II is a requirement is order to obtain a Pistol Permit through the Department of Emergency Services & Public Protection; Division of Connecticut State Police, as a may issue pathway to have the restrictions removed from your NY State Pistol Permit and to obtain a non-resident Concealed Weapons License from the Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
To promote the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for the safe and proficient use of a pistol and to pass the required firearm qualification
Phase I: Online(Discounts Available through TRN)
Phase II: (Range)
- The three NRA rules for safe gun-handling, range rules and range commands.
- Shooting Fundamentals to include dominant eye determination, proper two-handed grip and the five fundamentals of pistol shooting: aiming, breath control, hold control, trigger control and follow through
- Loading, cocking, de-cocking, and unloading a single-action revolver, double-action revolver and a semi-automatic pistol. and to review how to safely clean a pistol.
- Student demonstration of the five learning steps to shoot from the bench-rest position, the five learning steps to shoot from the Isosceles position and to shoot the course qualification.
- Drivers License and/or State/Federal Issued Photo Identification
- A Copy of the Phase I Course Completion Certificate
- Phase I-Four Hours Online
- Phase II-Five Hours-Range
Course Completion Requirements
- Demonstration of safe gun handling
- Demonstration of shooting fundamentals
- Demonstration and application of pistol mechanics
- Demonstration and application of shooting positions
- Firearms Qualification
Course Cost: Class Rate
- Phase I: 25 + tax
- Phase II $250 + tax
- Equipment Rental: $25
- Range Fees Excluded-Varies By Location
- Payment required within 48 hours of scheduled course date.
- Private Session: Additional $150
NRA Basic Pistol Phase II
Course Benefits (class of 5+)
- Discounts on NRA Membership
- 10% Discount Off Additional Basic Courses Taken Through Tactical Recovery Network
- Assistance With Pistol Permit Applications Through perspective State/County Authorities
- Discounts at area hotels
- Credible Reference From Highly Qualified Instructor
- Military Discounts Available with photo ID or DD214
- Military Discounts For Wounded Veterans
- Our training locations have several major hotel chains within minutes of our training facility. Our Recruitment Division has secured a discounted rate for course attendees.
- Once seats are reserved, reservation codes will be made available. Please inquire with with your sales coordinator for more specific information.
- Our mobile division is equipped to bring the training to a location of your choice. Please contact us for course costs.
- This course is shooting course and necessitates a duly authorized range or authorization to discharge firearms on private property.