Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Tactical Recovery Network LLC
Protection, Education And Training
(National Rifle Association)
Effective July 1, 2013 this course will be a per-requisite to obtain a Long Gun Eligibility Certificate In The State of Connecticut
The basic rifle course is designed to teach the basic knowledge skills and attitudes essential to owning and using a rifle safely. Through the Basic Rifle course the shooter will gain a hands on experience and learn rifle parts and operations, shooting fundamentals, shooting positions, sighting in and sight alignment.
To teach the basic knowledge skills and attitudes necessary for the safe and proper use of a rifle in shooting a target
All coursework presented through Tactical Recovery Network are taught by state certified & highly qualified law enforcement instructors with over ten years experience in their perspective fields. All instructors are committed to bringing out the best in their students regardless of their experience level.
Lesson I: Rifle Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling
Lesson II: Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Rifle Shooting
Lesson III: Firing The First Shots
Lesson IV: Standing Rifle Shooting Positions
Lesson V: Prone and Kneeling Rifle Shooting Positions
Lesson VI: Sitting Rifle Shooting Position and Review of Positions
Lesson VII: Additional Training Opportunities
A positive attitude
Must be drug free
Must be mentally stable with no Psychiatric medical history
Must be a law abiding citizen with no felony convictions
- The NRA Basic Rifle Course and its application to obtaining a Long Gun Eligibility Certificate consists of 14 Hours of in depth instruction. The course is broken up over two days under the following parameters.
- Day One: 10 Hours classroom
- Day Two: 4 Hours range
- Please see location specific links on the bottom of the page for more accurate course information
Course Completion Req's
- Written Exam
- Range Qualification
- $175.00 + $20 Range Fee per student
- 1-1, 1-2 training requires a $100.00 surcharge
- Six Month Payment Plans Available
NRA Basic Rifle
- Comprehensive NRA Guide To The Basics of Rifle Shooting
- Gun Safety Rules Poster
- Introduction to the NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program
- All necessary course equipment will be provided
- 10% discount on future courses taken through Tactical Recovery Network
- Discounts on NRA Membership
- Satisfies State of Connecticut Requirements to obtain a Long Gun Eligibility Certificate
- CT DESPP Long Gun Application
Our mobile division is equipped to bring the training to a location of your choice. A charge of .55 cents per mile per student from our Danbury, CT facility will be added to the course cost
This course is shooting course and necessitates a duly authorized range or authorization to discharge firearms on private property.
- The Danbury, Connecticut area has several major hotel chains within minutes of our training facility. Our Recruitment Division has secured a discounted rate for course attendees.
- Once seats are reserved, reservation codes will be made available. Please inquire with with your sales coordinator for more specific information.
Upcoming Courses By Location