Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Tactical Recovery Network LLC
Protection, Education And Training
National Rifle Association
The NRA Defensive Pistol Course will focus on the techniques needed to develop a defensive mindset. Through participation the student will be able to explain and demonstrate how to apply the NRA Rules for Safe Gun Handling when carrying a concealed firearm, basic principles of concealment, the difference between cover and concealment, drawing from the holster, levels of mental awareness, developing the proper mindset when using a pistol for personal protection, clearing common stoppages, use of pocket pistols, and more.
To instill the knowledge, skill, and attitude to carry and use a pistol ethically, responsibly and with confidence.
This course is only conducted by NRA Certified Advanced Pistol Instructors. All coursework presented through Tactical Recovery Network are taught by state certified & highly qualified law enforcement instructors with over ten years experience in their perspective fields. All instructors are committed to bringing out the best in their students regardless of their experience level.
I: NRA Rules for Safe Gun Handling and their application to concealed carry
II: Basic principles of concealment
III: Presenting a pistol – reholster
IV: Mental awareness
V: Mental preparation necessary to develop a defensive mindset for carrying and using a pistol for personal protection
VI: Techniques for avoiding life-threatening confrontations
VII: The psychological and physiological changes that may occur during an attack
VIII: Flash sight picture
VIX: Reloading under stress
X: Clear common stoppages
- A positive attitude
- NY State and/or Connecticut Pistol Permit
- Pistol, three magazines, strong side holster; magazine holders, 350 rounds of ammunition (night sights recommended but not mandatory), cleaning kit, season appropriate clothing, eye and ear protection
- 4.5 hours
- CT Residents require a $20 range fee
- Six Month Payment Plans Available
Course Completion Req's
- Demonstrate safe firearm handling throughout the course
- Successful completion of required live fire exercises
- The 220 page NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection Outside The Home handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- NRA Defensive Pistol certificate.
1) Introduction To Self Defense Insurance Options
2) NRA Membership Including
- Legislative Updates
- $1000 In Arms Care Firearms Insurance
- $5000 Life & Accidental Insurance
- Discounts On Hotels, Car Rentals, Airfare & Hundreds Of Other Local & National Businesses
- No Annual Fee Visa Card With 1% Cash Back For Qualified Applicants
- Choice Of Award-Winning NRA Magazine
- NRA Black & Gold Shooters Cap
- Membership Card
- Window Decal
- The area has several major hotel chains within minutes of our training facility. Our Recruitment Division has secured a discounted rate for course attendees.
- Once seats are reserved, reservation codes will be made available. Please inquire with with your sales coordinator for more specific information.
- Our mobile division is equipped to bring the training to a location of your choice. A charge of 75 cents per mile per student from our Danbury, CT facility will be added to the course cost.
- This course is shooting course and necessitates a duly authorized range or authorization to discharge firearms on private property.